So I wrote a thing- basically it performs LDAP queries and gets the counts from them so you don’t have to. I did it to learn test-driven development; it’s a rework of an old project I did in Powershell using a very specific client (Which was… Okay but very reliant on a specific technology stack), which was reworked into a fairly rough Python implementation (Which was a mess) and I distilled it into this (Which is less of a mess).
I have eventual plans for it- right now it only supports non-TLS LDAP (Which is terrible) and takes no command-line user input (Which would make it way more useful), but it’s a start.
It’s in Python, which I figure is probably a better choice over the long haul than Java. We’ll see where it goes.